Legal Counsel (m/f)
You should be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with broad range of responsibilities, but with a focus on delivering legal advice and support in the areas of alternative investment funds, financial services regulation and commercial contracts.
You will be responsible for giving pro-active, professional, competent, effective and creative legal support.
You will need to bring negotiation and drafting skills, an understanding of financial services regulation as well as a commercial mind set to the role.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Your main responsibilities will cover a variety of legal issues concerning alternative investment funds, financial services regulation, data protection and commercial contracts. Amongst others, the following responsibilities apply to this position:
- Provide legal expertise in the areas of financial services regulation and alternative investment funds.
- Support the maintenance of Terms of Business and Engagement Letters for our service lines and negotiate such documents with external parties where appropriate.
- Support the maintenance of the governance framework for the Luxembourg office.
- Work closely with other members of the Legal Team and oversee the work of the Junior Legal Counsel.
- Collaborate with internal business teams and other Group Functions.
- Represent the Group in commercial contract negotiations with third parties such as suppliers.
- Provide legal advice and support in connection with specific projects affecting the business, such as new service lines.
Experience, skills and technical knowledge required:
- Qualified lawyer.
- 5-7 years relevant experience in house or with a law firm specialising in financial services and alternative investment funds.
- Experience in reviewing, drafting and negotiating commercial contracts. Experience with data privacy preferred.
- Ability to:
- articulate clear advice, with a commercial focus and high quality written and verbal communication.
- identify, focus and prioritise on key issues and adapt quickly to changing circumstances.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to deliver with demanding deadlines.
- Can-do attitude.
- Good people skills.
- Strong IT skills (esp. Microsoft Word and Excel).
The work permit is mandatory