Operational Risk Senior Associate
- Company Operational Risk Management team is responsible for assessing and monitoring risks to company Real Estate’s European business operations and for recommending and implementing risk controls that mitigate those risks. The team supports company strategic business objectives by developing and maintaining effective and efficient risk management programs.
- Reporting to the Conducting Officer in charge of Risk Management based in Luxembourg, this is a new role to expand the European team. The team is currently seeking a Senior Associate to execute on risk strategies related to company business operations. You will be part of a team responsible for ensuring that business and Operational Risks, when weighed against business opportunities, are well managed and acceptable.
- You will have the chance to get involved across variety of risk areas, including: operational risk, IT risk management, project governance, investment risk. Working with different areas of the business will provide you with the opportunity to gain cross functional experience and build your knowledge of key risk topic.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree from a Business School or University preferably with a specialization in Risk, Finance, Accounting, or Economics
- 3-5 years of related work experience in risk management, audit or similar function within the institutional asset management business or consulting firm
- Self-starter, highly motivated individual who can work independently and is eager to learn
- Good interpersonal skills, team player, capability to interface professionally with various internal and external stakeholders
- Strong writing, interpersonal, and communication skills, being able to summarize and communicate complex issues effectively, orally and in writing
- Strong MS Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint skills required and Visio a plus
- Clear and strong English verbal and written communication skills required
- Experience in working in an international and multicultural environment / have a global mindset
- Understanding of the Luxembourg, German and UK regulated fund industry and preferably alternative funds
- Good knowledge of the AIFMD and/or previous experience within AIFM, as well as privacy and other regulatory requirements
- Knowledge of information security risk and controls (e.g. KAIT, Cloud Outsourcing, DORA) and experience on working with IT, InfoSec, operational, procurement and data protection stakeholders
Job Type: fixed-term contract
Job Location: Luxembourg