Risk Officer (m/f)
- Implement and perform all risk management activities/tasks set forth under AIFMD, UCITS, MMFR or any other relevant regulation.
- Identify, measure, manage and monitor on an ongoing basis all market, credit, counterparty, liquidity and operational risks that Funds managed by the AIFM are or could be exposed to.
- Establish, implement, maintain and optimize, the Risk Management Policies (“RMP”) and the related risk procedures to monitor/manage all material risks (incl. Market Risk, Liquidity Risk, Credit Risk, Counterparty Risk and Operational Risk).
- Validate, contribute and ensure the production of Performance and Risk reports to the attention of COs and Board of Directors (Monthly MIS, quarterly Risk Management reports, risk profiles, etc.) and to Investment Managers.
- Ensure accurate and timely regulatory reporting to the CSSF (incl. quarterly AIFMD Annex IV reporting, semi-annual risk data, etc.) and to the CBI (Annual Sub-fund profiles).
- Carry out required monitoring of investment restrictions and act as escalation point for any breach of investment rules identified by the Fund Administrator and for interpretation of prospectus rules or assets eligibility checks.
- Minimum master’s degree in economics, Finance or similar; or proven experience
- Minimum 2 years of work experience within the Luxembourg Fund Industry with focus on Risk Management. A work experience in a similar position gained from a Management Company is a considerable advantage
- Strong knowledge of financial & operational risks borne by AIFs/UCITS Funds and risk metrics to measure and monitor risk levels
- Strong knowledge of financial markets, in particular key features/data associated with a wide range of financial instruments including equities, fixed income, money market instruments, funds of funds and non-complex derivatives
- Strong knowledge about risk modelling and financial assets valuation
- Very good understanding of regulatory framework and requirements applicable to Luxembourg Funds, Irish Funds and Management Companies (incl. AIFMD, UCITS, MMFR, ESMA guidelines and CSSF circulars)
- Knowledge of fund investment restrictions
- Strong writing skills to issue various reports and memos
- Excellent English communication skills (both written and verbal) is mandatory
- Fluency in French would be an advantage
- RiskMetrics (preferably) or any other automated Risk Engine
- Basic to medium programming skills of VBA
- Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Analytical, communication and problem-solving mind
- Team player and leader
- Deadlines driven
Job Category: Tax Reporting Risk
Job Type: Permanent
Job Location: Luxembourg