- Ensure accuracy of all property manager bookings including reconciliation of rental income to rent rolls, review of all service charge costs and income and accurate allocation of non-recoverable property costs.
- Take care of day-to-day accounting for PropCos and HoldCos including, bank reconciliations, invoice review, monthly accruals, depreciation, etc.
- Take care of all supporting schedules: loan and interest calculations, depreciation and amortization schedules, etc.
- Assist in preparation of periodic VAT returns.
- Ensure accurate recording of all local, IFRS and Group GAAP adjustments.
- Respect periodic closing process timelines.
- Assist with consolidations and sub-consolidations.
- Prepare Luxembourg GAAP stand-alone and consolidated financial statements.
- Provide intercompany reconciliations and regular intercompany settlements where applicable.
- Contribute to the (interim) audit process, ensuring completion on a timely basis.
Cash, Property and Asset Management:
- Liaise with Treasury team to help ensuring adequate and consistent funding within the different structures.
- Liaise with property managers and review numbers, information provided on a regular basis with finance teams across Europe.
- Perform consistency checks to support providing accurate information.
- Support asset management team with ad hoc financial information / analysis as required.
- Support in monitoring operating budgets, liquidity and cash management for investments.
Process and Project Management:
- Assist with continuous improvement initiatives for all financial reporting processes and suggest (or even participate in) Yardi enhancements.
- Contribute to projects by performing ad hoc project activities.
- Support and coach more junior accountants as needed
- University degree in Accounting/Finance (CFA, ACCA is an asset)
- 1-2 years ( Junior) of relevant work experience in a similar field) , 2-4 years for Accountant level
- Real estate and property accounting exposure/experience is a plus
- Good knowledge of Lux GAAP desired (IFRS experience considered as an asset)
- Proficiency with MS Office standard applications, Yardi voyager experience a plus
- Fluent in English and good command of Spanish.
- Dynamic personality with a can-do and hands on attitude
- Solution oriented approach/problem-solving aptitude
- High sense of organization
- Detail orientation with also the ability to see the big picture
- Ability to handle and prioritize a wide variety of situations and challenges
- Ability to work independently but also be an excellent team player
- Curiosity & enthusiasm for business related matters, strong desire to learn and support
- Manages stress well and uses it as a positive motivator
- High energy level; exhibits positive attitude, flexibility and stress resistance
- Sense of ownership, accountability and urgency
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to deal efficiently with people at different level of hierarchy
Job Type: Permanent
Job Location: Luxembourg