Payroll & People Operations Manager
- Responsible for checking the monthly payroll for Luxembourg in line with agreed payroll deadlines, ensuring that both company and local requirements are met.
- Responsible for managing the payroll vendor relationship and escalating any issues to the Payroll Manager in a timely manner.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with all local payroll and reporting requirements including, but not limited to, Interest Subsidy, Profit Sharing, Expat Regime and Absence Reporting. Make the Payroll Manager aware of any compliance issues or concerns.
- Responsible for ensuring that the wider People Services team are aware of legislative and tax changes that may impact upon our current employee offering and/or processes. Provide training and supporting materials if appropriate.
- Act as the main point of contact for local escalations and issue management in relation to payroll, operations processes and compliance. Develop positive and constructive working relationships with key stakeholders in Luxembourg, including the wider HR team.
- Keep up to date with relevant employment legislation and best practice for all jurisdictions within the Group, but with a particular focus on Luxembourg, and ensure any changes are incorporated in policies and processes where required.
- Participate in and/or take the lead on projects and initiatives that drive compliance and process improvement across the People Services team. Identify opportunities to make current processes and ways of working more efficient.
- Drive data privacy (GDPR) compliance across the People Services team, ensuring that robust policies and procedures are in place and that all team members are aware of their responsibilities.
- Provide cover for the People Operations Manager as required, overseeing the day-to-day processing of all employee lifecycle activities for all jurisdictions in line with established SLAs.
- Participate in and be a key point of contact for payroll and other internal/external audits as required.
- Support the People Operations team with day-to-day operational tasks during peak periods of activity and/or absence.
- Contribute to the Group’s communication processes in order to develop and maintain effective employee engagement across the Group.
- Proven practical payroll and HR experience, preferably within a multi-jurisdictional and/or financial services business.
- Good understanding of employment legislation and its practical application in a commercial financial services business as well as an appreciation of the standards and industry best practice that are expected within a regulated environment.
- Good understanding of payroll legislation and reporting requirements, with a particular focus on Luxembourg.
- Good understanding of data privacy requirements as related to employee data, and demonstrable experience in the practical application of policies and procedures to ensure compliance with such requirements.
- Some experience of managing a multi-jurisdictional and/or virtual team would be an advantage.
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex tasks and to prioritize competing initiatives.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills together with the proven ability to develop positive working relationships at all levels.
- Continuous improvement and solution-oriented team player with a positive attitude.
- Good working knowledge of HR and/or payroll technology and systems. Good general computer literacy skills; intermediate/advanced user of MS Office products.
- Strong numeracy and data analysis skills, with excellent attention to detail.
- Passionate about providing the highest level of service and user experience.
- Travel to other jurisdictional offices will be required from time to time.
Job Category: Legal Governance
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Luxembourg