IT System Administrator
- Update and maintain systems hardware and software inventory;
- Contribute to and maintain system standards;
- Develop and maintain software and hardware installation and configuration instructions;
- Install, assemble, configure, manage and maintain systems software, hardware, and related infrastructure;
- Secure network by developing network access, monitoring, control, and evaluation; maintaining documentation;
- Maintain network performance by performing network monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting network problems; escalating problems to vendor;
- Participate in projects and teams as assigned by the IT Manager and perform associated tasks;
- Develop internal procedures validated by the IT Manager (architecture design, technical documentation, operating modes, etc.);
- Communicate efficiently with the IT Admin team, and IT Helpdesk team (need or escalation), and ensure proper change management through communication with users;
- Analyze the needs and the restraints related to the IT infrastructures and suggest innovative and relevant solutions to the research units;
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible, automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that provide economies of scale.
- Master degree in Information Technology (preferably in system field);
- Previous professional experience of at least 5 years in a similar position;
- Good organizational and relational skills; analytical and problem-solving capabilities;
- Language skills: fluent in French and English (written and oral);
- Good knowledge of the following:
Systems: Windows 10, Windows server 2012/2016/2019, Linux (Ubuntu/Debian, Redhat/Centos), VMware vSphere, and View/Horizon. Knowledge of the following is an asset: Palo Alto, Fortigate, F5, Cisco, Dell, Huawei.
Infrastructures: Active Directory, Exchange 2013/2016, SQL Server, IIS, RDS/TSE, Apache, Bind, Nagios, Grafana.
Concepts: Application Firewall, AD/LDAP, Radius, 802.1x, Antispam, Reverse proxy, DNS, SNMP, Monitoring, Administration, Automated deployments (SCCM/Ansible), Scripting (Powershell, Bash, …), Storage & Virtualization, …
Specific skills: network performance tuning, deep network knowledge, network design, and implementation, problem-solving, strategic planning, multi-tasking, quality focus, coordination, technical understanding, quick study, technical zeal.
Job Location: Luxembourg