Internal Auditor (m/f)
- Actively participate in the execution of the Audit Plan.
- Perform and manage audit assignments including risk assessment and assessing the effectiveness of controls over the effectiveness of operations, financial reliability as well as compliance with all applicable policies, procedures, legal and regulatory requirements.
- Evaluate the reliability of audit evidence and prepare clear work papers
- Add value to the Bank by drafting clear and concise results of observations and proposing meaningful, pragmatic audit recommendations to correct deficiencies noted in audit assignments
- Assist with the drafting of audit reports and discussion of audit results with auditees, senior management and other stakeholders within the Bank.
- Support with the day-to-day communication, administrative and reporting duties of the Internal Audit Department.
- Perform follow-up of implementation of audit recommendations.
- Engage in continuous knowledge development regarding applicable laws, regulations, best practices, tools, techniques and performance standards.
- Inform the Department Head of all risks of error and actual errors as soon as detected and evaluate their impact.
Education and experience
- Master’s degree in Finance, Business studies and/or relevant professional experience of a minimum of 2 years in a similar position or 4 years of external audit.
- Certified Internal Auditor (C.I.A.) certificate would be considered as an advantage. Otherwise, the candidate will be encouraged to obtain the certification.
- (Internal or External) auditing experience in the Luxembourg financial sector, preferably in relation with the fund administration, custody and securities agency businesses.
- Operational experience in fund administration, custody and securities agency business is considered an advantage.
- Proficiency in internal audit standards, procedures and techniques required in performing engagements.
- An appreciation of subjects such as accounting, economics, finance.
- A good understanding of AML/KYC, UCITS, AIFMD, MIFID, conflicts of interest and other key financial sector regulations.
- Have sound risk awareness and ability to identify potential and actual risks and errors.
- Fluent in English and in French
- Technical audit skills
- Organisation and coordination skills
- Attention to detail and excellent analytical skills
- Sound independent judgement
- Demonstrable ability to work autonomously
- Very good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and also collaboratively within a team.
A work permit is mandatory!
Job Category: Corporate Accountancy
Job Type: fixed-term contract
Job Location: Luxembourg