We are looking for a highly skilled, motivated and experienced Executive Director to serve as the Head of Transfer Agency Operations with primary responsibility for all operational deliveries and a requirement to own all operational processes and controls end to end for the Transfer Agency business. The candidate will ensure all deliverables are met within the Service Level Agreements. The individual will also oversee the cross functional partnerships across all locations within the distributed operating model.
The individual is responsible for all operations of the Transfer Agency product offering. The operations span all transfer agency related functions including applications, transaction processing and settlement, maintenance of share register and all related services processed on behalf of the international investment funds under administration.
The successful candidate must possess a proven track record in leadership positions managing large scale distributed teams and Fund Services operations, successfully. The candidate should have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as the ability to partner with senior stakeholders to develop, implement, and manage strategic programs and initiatives throughout the Transfer Agency operations business.
- Stakeholder management and collaboration – effective communication/collaboration and regular status reporting to key multi-functional stakeholders across Operations, Technology and Product to identify and resolve key business risks/issues
- Perform ongoing oversight, provide leadership and subject matter expertise to ensure the execution of a strong oversight model
Service Delivery & Client Focus:
- Functional responsibilities to manage overall service delivery, including but not restricted to Payments, Settlements, Account Opening and Maintenance. Flawless execution in enhancing the client experience while working in a matrix operating model in close partnership with Stakeholders across sites in India, Philippines and other locations across the globe.
- Establish a strong partnership with local and global stakeholders to build a best in class operations organization.
Operational Excellence & Innovation:
- The candidate will be required to drive innovative solutions that create operational efficiencies and mitigate risk through the prioritization of technological enhancements and workflow process improvements.
- Drive continuous operational improvements through the implementation of standardized operational workflows, establishing and auditing standard operational procedures and driving the reduction of manual bespoke processes.
- Build a strong and transparent inclusive culture for the staff
- Advance inclusive leadership by supporting diversity & inclusion initiatives, training, performance management, networking, mobility and mentoring for all personnel
- Candidate will be required to engage, motivate and influence direct reports, teams, and peers to enhance overall employee engagement and morale.
- Provide adequate coaching and mentoring for the team to upskill and advance their careers.
Risk & Control Governance
- Candidate will be responsible for building a strong Risk awareness and controls focused on mitigating risk across operations
- Work closely with business partners and Controls Managers in driving/ implementing an effective, robust proactive and sustainable controls program to proactively manage risks to the business
- Institute a strong governance framework locally in the region and metrics which are consistent and globally aligned to ensure strong focus on quality, delivery and enhancing the client experience
- The candidate should have 10-20 years of experience in Financial Services Industry, with preferably at least 5 years in Transfer Agency / Fund Services operations in a leadership role. The candidate should ideally have experience managing a large distributed team.
- Extensive responsibility dealing with day-to-day issues as well as planning and executing projects/ initiatives
- Ensuring the teams activities support Operations in attaining our strategic goals
- Ability to drive automation and tech solutions across the team.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong experience managing and working with cross-border teams and leading global initiatives.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and adept at communicating with all levels of the business and technical stakeholders of the organization
- Ability to partner with demanding stakeholders, managing their expectations while developing strong working relationships in the process.
- Prior experience with automation and applications like Tableau, Alteryx and Process modeler is preferrable.
- Understanding of operational risks and related controls, audit and internal control frameworks are essential to a candidate’s success in this role.
- Confidence to challenge curiously, and be challenged, whilst maintaining a collaborative and respectful relationship with other stakeholders