Funds Legal Counsel (m/f)
Overview of the role:
We are looking for an experienced fund formation lawyer, based in Paris or London, to steer and deliver fundraisings in the various lines of business of our client.
As an example, current mandates in our Corporate Private Equity line of business consist in long-term and growth capital PE funds (first-generation products, fundraising already started), and fourth-generation flagship PE fund (fundraising already started), and potential continuation vehicles in relation to parts of our existing funds’ portfolio.
The responsibilities for this role will include:
- Reviewing and commenting the full range of funds documentation including Trust deeds, Instruments of Incorporation, Investor Notifications and Marketing Documents, and Investment Management Agreements
- Managing the relationship with outside counsels, liaise with internal stakeholders, and participate in negotiations with key investors.
- The appointee will work in regular contact with senior stakeholders within our client
- Provide ad hoc advice to our business on the launch, lifecycle, and distribution of funds and cross-border legal and regulatory developments.
Expertise and Skills required:
- 3+ years PQE in the asset management/fund formation, M&A / private equity, or other legal transactional sector in top-tier private practice firms and/or relevant in-house organizations
- Solid communication and organization skills
- Strong business acumen and client service and teamwork orientation
- Ability to work on an autonomous basis in a fast-paced environment