Associate Director Compliance (m/f)
Key responsibilities :
- Be responsible for the management and oversight of the Luxembourg Compliance activities.
- Lead the Compliance Team (4 FTEs);
- Provide leadership, mentoring, training and development to the Compliance Team.
- Maximise effectiveness of the Compliance Team operations.
- Identify and manage the successful delivery of Compliance projects ensuring a business-driven approach
- Support the development of the Compliance activities in any other EU jurisdiction.
- Connet with and collaboratively work with Compliance representatives.
- Develop an effective Compliance culture with appropriate policies and procedures that reflect the current regulatory requirements and legislation.
- Providing support, education, and training to all employees to build awareness of regulatory obligation
- Promote awareness of, and compliance with policies and procedures.
- Be a point of contact for liaising, in Luxembourg, with the Commission de Surveillance du Secteur Financier (“CSSF”)
- Prepare and submit written reports, as appropriate, on Compliance matters to the Management Board
- Act as escalation point for the review of all breaches and complaints recorded on the registers, ensuring appropriate due process is followed internally
- Responsible for ensuring the effective implementation of the Compliance Monitoring Programmes (“CMPs”) for the Fund, Corporate and Depositary activities.
- Act as key stakeholder and coordinator of the annual internal and statutory audit reviews
- Regularly review and assess the adequacy of the CMPs, ensuring that they capture newly emerging regulatory changes.
- Attend the Board meetings and any other Board meeting as required
- Report the findings from CMP to the Board or any other Board as required
- Attendance, when required, at clients’ Board meetings.
- Ensure regulatory updates are effectively communicated throughout the business and appropriate actions are taken
- To be a member of the New Business Committee.
- In conjunction with Legal Team, ensure that policies and procedures satisfy regulatory requirements and are operationally effective.
- Provide support and guidance the Senior Management about the application of the relevant laws and regulations.
- Remain up to date, interpret and disseminate information about regulatory requirements and changes and ensure policies, procedures, documents, and compliance tools are adapted to accommodate any such changes.
Skills, knowledge, expertise:
- A university degree in Law or Finance or Economics and/or relevant professional qualification(s);
- At least 8 years’ relevant experience in a compliance role within the financial services sector
- Experience and knowledge of the alternative investments sector, with strong focus on the fund administration, depositary and AIFM activities and requirements.
- Sound technical financial services knowledge (fund administration, depositary and AIFM)
- Confident in dealing with Senior Executives / Board members
- ability to take ownership and demonstrate initiative, to negotiate, influence, build consensus and successfully navigate within a demanding environment
- Self-motivated and capable of prioritizing and organizing workloads as required
- Excellent interpersonal skills are an essential requirement to develop close working relationships with colleagues and business contacts
- A detailed understanding of, and experience with, performing compliance activities within a financial services company (preferably a fund administrator or an AIFM)
- Good knowledge of the European and Luxembourg regulatory environment
- Strong, clear, and concise communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Excellent Project and change management expertise
- Experience of day-to-day supervision of teams and management of direct line reports.
- Fluent in English, both written and oral. Good knowledge of French is strongly recommended. Any other language would be an asset
Must have a good working knowledge of SharePoint, Microsoft products, in particular Outlook, Word, and Excel
Job Category: Compliance
Job Type: Permanent
Job Location: Luxembourg