As an experienced asset management/funds lawyer, reporting to, and working with, as appropriate, the Group’s General Counsel in London, you will be joining a dynamic team and will focus on overseeing important legal aspects of the asset manager’s activities in supporting the Group’s transactional work (which predominantly focuses on investments in Italy). The work would include:
- Working closely where appropriate with external legal advisors.
- Advising on AIFMD and MIFID related matters.
- Working on fund launches and prospectus drafting.
- Working on fund restructurings and matters related to the funds’ holdings.
- Assisting in the CSSF filing of financial statements.
- Monitoring resolutions (drafting, arranging for review and sign-off and collect signatures).
- Assisting in the organisation of board/shareholders’ meetings.
- Assisting and coordinating the sign-off of audit-related documents (e.g. engagement letters).
- Drafting of annual accounts approval corporate documentation.
- Translations (ENG/FR) of legal documents from time to time.
- Preparation of the corporate documentation for the incorporation of Luxembourg companies.
- Drafting of the corporate documentation for the appointment / change of managers / directors.
- Drafting of the corporate documentation for the change of company name, bylaws, registered address, financial year.
- Drafting of intra-group loans documents (loan agreements, repayment notices, amendments to loan agreement and related areas).
- Assistance and preparation of notary meetings, drafting of notarial deeds (e.g. capital increases, amendment to the articles of association and so forth), coordination with the notary.
- Internal group reorganisations (e.g. internal mergers, intragroup sales of shares and so forth).
- Liquidations (drafting of corporate documentation, draft report of the liquidator and the like).
The successful candidate will be expected to have a good working knowledge of, and to keep updated with, the relevant regulatory environment and will have the experience and confidence to identify risks, whilst displaying sound commercial judgement, and to communicate clearly with the Luxembourg team and General Counsel. The ability to work within a team with a broad range of backgrounds and skills, and to adapt to challenges in a fast-paced environment is essential.
In addition, the role will include other general and bespoke responsibilities, which may range from negotiating licence or lease agreements for offices, IT agreements, other agreements with service providers and such other matters as may be required from time to time.
- Qualified Lawyer (Luxembourg).
- 5-8 years’ post-qualification experience.
- Knowledge of asset management, Luxembourg funds, corporate secretarial. General corporate experience is desirable.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience at leading global or Luxembourg law firm, preferably with in-house experience at a bank, or asset manager.
- Good spoken English. Knowledge of Italian is highly desirable.