AML / KYC Officer H/F
- Applying a defined risk-based approach within the first line of defence, taking account of the legislation in force and internal directives (which requires knowledge of the specific structures) to define the investor risk rating.
- Collecting and carrying out first-level analysis on all documentation relating to the fight against money laundering and terrorist financing (AML) and Know Your Customer (KYC), including tax documentation (FATCA/CRS).
- Flagging exceptions to established standards stipulated by policies and procedures in force and liaising with the relevant stakeholders, including the second line of defence and other subject-matter experts.
- Acting as a maker/checker for low-risk to high-risk and complex structures.
- Communicating with clients and investors (both in writing and orally) about the documents required as per a defined checklist and remaining involved in the process until account opening.
- Providing regular KPIs on pending account opening
- A Master’s/university degree in Finance/Economics/Engineering.
- Experience (minimum 3 years) in the field of AML/KYC and/or a compliance team.
- Experience (minimum 3 years) in the account-opening process, including the ability to deal from end to end with high-risk accounts.
- Written and spoken fluency in French and English. Spanish, Italian or German would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of Luxembourg AML/KYC regulations; knowledge of the different roles in the investment fund industry (asset management, custodian bank, transfer agent and fund administration) as well as of the related regulatory framework.
- Any FATCA/CRS experience/knowledge.
- ACAMS certification or equivalent.
- Use of AML tools (Worldcheck, Factiva and Bankersalmanac).
- Highly skilled user of Microsoft Excel and experience of accessing and using analytical tools simultaneously, but without ever losing sight of the big picture
Job Category: AML/KYC
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Luxembourg