AML / KYC OFFICER
- Applying a defined risk-based approach as part of the first line of defence, taking account of the legislation in force and internal directives (which requires knowledge of the specific structures) to define investors’ risk rating.
- Collecting and carrying out first-level analysis on all documentation relating to the fight against money laundering and terrorist financing (AML) and Know Your Customer (KYC), including tax documentation (FATCA/CRS).
- Identifying possible requests for exceptions to existing procedures, documenting these and referring them to the second line of defence or to experts.
- Assisting with account openings, both low risk and high risk as well as complex structures, either by preparing the account-opening files or checking them.
- Communicating with clients and investors both in writing and orally about required documents as per a defined checklist and about the ongoing process until account opening.
- Providing regular KPIs on pending account opening.
- Master’s degree in Finance/Economics/Engineering.
- Experience (at least 2 years) in the field of AML/KYC and/or on a compliance team.
- Experience (at least 2 years) of the account-opening process, including the expertise to deal with high-risk accounts from end to end.
- Written and spoken fluency in English; Spanish, Italian or German would be an advantage.
Job Category: AML/KYC
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Luxembourg